I supposed to join Scott and Zack's blog, but I can't accept, for some reason. So, I will be blogging in here, for now. Zack will do models, basic textures, and level layout. I will be doing advanced materials, sounds, Kismet and documentation. Scott will be developing the game mechanic and hard coding in UnReal Script.
Our first session went well. Scott and Zack came up with a good game mechanic. It is a detective-style inventory puzzle genre modeled after the game "The Crimson Room." I suggested the story could be based off of a date rape scenario; the player being a victim with no recollection of how she got there. Scott and Zack had a better idea. The premise is that the player is incarcerated in some fortress-like prison. Something goes wrong with the facility and the player must work his way through puzzle-like elements to escape to each new area.
I shall work on the high concept document for next week, followed by the game pitch presentation to be reviewed by my teammates. Also, I shall be refining my advanced materials skills using the book UDK: vol 2, ch 2. My collection of sounds should be sufficient for this project, but I can look up more later at SoundBible.com, if necessary. For now, I can simply start importing any seemingly relevant sounds into the engine.
It sounds like a good start to a "busy" week.
No comments:
Post a Comment