Week 03 progress (Matt):
I finally met with my team and got a little caught up to speed. Zack was going over the designs ideas with me. I was way off. I'd been thinking this is closer to our original research, The Crimson Room, but it's closer to Saw. I was slightly upset I'd spent a lot of time into our pitch ppt, only to find out that the ccpt was already pitched last week.
I got my sounds collected for Milestone 02. There were a pretty good number. I couldn't drop in in the class forum or Dropbox b/c the *.zips were way too huge. I found some really good BGMs, too-- at least I thought. The game is more horror styled than detective styled, so the selections seem too cartoony. Scott looked up some much better selections on SoundClick.com.
Apparently, I was supposed to design some puzzles, too. I did have some ideas kicking around, but they would have not been the right type of puzzles, anyway. I ended up working with Zack and Scott to refine the ideas they'd already came up with.
Now that the designs are mostly taken care of, we can finally start on the development. Zack already blocked out the level, which I used in our sales pitch. We can pick through the sounds and BGMs, if there is time. I think I finally solved the problems I was having with the UI editor. I was trying to use a Material instead of a Texture on the photos. Plus, I didn't hookup the extra modules for UI start and UI end. The UI is critical to our inventory ("alchemy") mechanic .
No comments:
Post a Comment