Friday, December 17, 2010

Week 9.99 Progress -MT

Well, it's down to the wire, while Scotty and I try to crank out the rest of the game's ambition's in the final 24 hrs. Fortunately, his buddy will let us burn the midnight oil at his place. I have emergency pizza and hot chocolate kits ready to go. I'm slightly upset with Zack b/c he said he had to work. I know his shift isn't 24 hours long, but there may have been something else he had to do, so I must trust him. I wish we had done some of this crank-out last week b/c now I don't think it will get done as nice. It would have been nice to not toss away precious hours on a dynamic UI mechanic that may be impossible, also. I'm having to help sort out all of these (about 50-100) model and texture assets that should have been ready before today. Scott still needs to place the pipes. We don't have the exact plans for the 'pipe' (ha) dream Zack came up with last week written down anywhere. Don't get me wrong. It's an awesome idea. But, w/o hard copies or Zack, it may be exceedingly difficult to implement them. I'm hoping to coerce Zack into joining us after his evening shift in our last hours. He's heavily invested in the turn-out, so I'm sure he'll show.

The asset files are overly "folderized," so it's taking forever to import them. There are .jpg files for norms, specs, etc, that were not converted to .tgas, so I'm getting very confused on which ones need imported, now. Scott's buddy is willing to help us sort through it, so he'll be getting at least some pizza, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment